People use various podcast apps, like Apple, Google, and Spotify, to listen to their favorite shows.
One of the most common problems many people have regarding each platform is the low podcast volume. Whether you’re using Apple Podcasts, Google. or Spotify, low volume can hinder your listening experience. Users experience low podcast volume in sports, gym, or traffic situations.
So, how to fix low podcast volume? This blog will cover everything you need to know about why the issue occurs and how to fix low podcast volume.
How to Fix Low Podcast Volume? – Step-by-Step Guide
When fixing low podcast volume, you must first identify which app you’re using. After that, you can apply different fixes, like changing the audio settings of the podcast app, using an equalizer to fine-tune the audio experience, or tweaking your phone’s volume to increase the volume.
Low podcast volume is common among Android and iOS. It mainly occurs if your phone’s settings or the app are misconfigured. Moreover, having an old or faulty set of earphones is the primary cause of low podcast volume.
For many headphone users, it’s common to have mobile audio for many reasons. Firstly, as your audio accessory ages, it becomes faulty and might lose many sound-providing abilities. Secondly, your ear wax can sometimes get stuck in your earphones, making the sound impossible to move out of the earphones.
To clean your earbuds, use a dry cotton swab or a Q-tip to remove earwax. It depends on the earphones you’re using. Hence, simply disposing of the earwax will make the podcast’s volume return.
How To Fix Low Podcast Volume for iPhone and iPad?
Low volume is one of the most common problems in the Apple Podcasts app. The low volume issue can be fixed by setting your equalized settings in the iPhone, which enables you to enhance the settings for both headphones and speakers. Apple allows you to leverage its list of EQ options as well.
However, the most effective template in the Music App’s setting is the “Late Night” template in the EQ settings. Here’s how you can apply it:
- Select the “Settings” app on your Apple home screen.
- Once in the settings app, scroll down, find “Music,” and select it.
- Now locate the “EQ” option; if it’s turned off, select one of the templates.
- Now you can see a list of pre-defined templates. However, you should choose “Late Night” since it has the loudest music.
After enabling this EQ setting, return to your Podcasts app and see if the low volume issue is fixed. If the music is not good enough, it’s time to choose a 3rd party music equalized. Here’s why.
Choose a Third-Party Music Equalizer
Third-party music equalizer gives your Apple Podcasts a bigger boost in terms of music. These apps have advanced features that you can leverage and boost your volume with no limits. However, it would be best to be careful and only choose a template that will provide better sound without distortion.
The best Apple bass boost application is Boom: Bass Booster & Equalizer. It has gotten a lot of positive reviews and a big user base that speaks for its credibility. Most of the features of Boom are free, but if you want to go all out, there’s a paid version as well.
Boom provides great 3D audio effects and can alter most of the settings to fit the need of your Podcasts’ volume. Here’s how you can install it.
- Locate the “App Store” on your home screen.
- In the search menu above, type in “Boom: Bass Booster” and select the first app.
- Download the app and wait for it to be installed.
- Once the app is installed, you can open it and set the settings according to your needs.
Feel free to tinker around with Boom since it is a comprehensive application. A good tip is to open some music in the background and set the volume to your liking.
How To Fix Low Podcast Volume on Spotify?
Whether on Android or iOS, the audio from Spotify podcasts and music is quite low. However, there’s a simple solution where you tweak the loudness of the music right from the app itself. Contrary to this, you can turn off the normalize feature for a better podcast volume.
Here’s how to do it:
- Locate the “Spotify” app and open it.
- Once in the app, click the “Settings” button on the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down till you see “Volume Level.” If it’s set to normal, you can click it and select “Loud.”
- After selecting loud, close the app from ram and reopen it for a good audio experience.
- If this doesn’t solve the volume issue, go to the settings of Spotify and locate “Normalize Volume.” If it’s turned on, then turn it off.
Implementing one of these two solutions will guarantee a huge audio volume boost since Spotify has set a limit on it.
How To Fix Low Podcast Volume on Google Podcasts?
If you use Google Podcasts, there’s no volume setting to enhance. So what do you do in that situation? Like iOS, you can install Google’s official Sound Amplifier app to increase the volume of different games. Sound Amplifier lets you enhance the Google Podcasts’ sound to a helpful degree.
Here’s how to increase low podcast volume on Google Podcasts:
- Head to the Google Play Store.
- In the search settings, search for “Sound Amplifier.”
- Install the first app and wait for the installation to be completed.
- Once the installation is completed, open the app and select “Ok” in the bottom right corner.
- Now connect your wire or wired earphones to continue.
- Once you’ve connected the earphones, click the “Phone Media” option highlighted in the screenshot above.
- Give the app permission to record audio, and you’re ready.
- Now you can tinker with the setting while listening to your podcasts in the back. If the volume seems too low, you can boost quiet sounds to the fullest.
You can even boost right or left earphones with Sound Amplifier. This will affect audio all over your phone, and that’s why Sound Amplifier is such a powerful tool.
We love listening to podcasts, thanks to all the benefits it brings. However, when the volume is so low, it gets annoying, limiting our ability to take the information. So whether you are an iOS or Android user, you can easily lower podcast volume on both operating systems.
A good solution for both Android and iOS is to use a third-party audio amplifier. Doing so will give you advanced control over your music.
FIXED: Podcast Say Episode Temporarily Unavailable 2023 Guide
Why Does Apple Podcasts App Keep Crashing? Solved
Why Do Podcasts Start Playing Randomly?