If you are anything like me, your AirPods are practically glued to your head. You use them when working out, commuting, or even taking a shower. So, it is only natural to wonder if they can stand up to the heat of a sauna. Can AirPods be used in saunas?
Yes, however, it’s not recommended because heat and steam can damage the internal components of your AirPods. Also, make sure that the sauna temperature does not exceed the maximum operating temperature of the AirPods which is 113 degrees Fahrenheit.
Also, keep your AirPods in their charging case when not in use, as the heat and humidity of the Sauna can damage them. Additionally, it’s best to avoid using any metal objects in the Sauna, as they can conduct heat and potentially damage the AirPods.
If the AirPods run out of battery while you’re in the Sauna, they may not be able to connect to your phone. Also, make sure that you have an excellent connection to your phone. If your phone is not connected to the internet, the AirPods may not be able to connect to it.
However, you should know a few more things before diving into a steamy session with your AirPods. In this blog post, we’ll cover everything you need to know about using AirPods in saunas.
What Are the Benefits of Using AirPods in a Sauna?
AirPods are much more comfortable to wear than traditional headphones, meaning you can stay in the Sauna for longer without feeling uncomfortable. AirPods also provide a great deal of noise isolation, meaning you can relax and unwind in the Sauna without being disturbed by outside noise.
Another benefit is using your AirPods to make calls without taking your phone into the Sauna. This means that you can stay connected even while you’re relaxing in the heat.
Are There Any Disadvantages to Using AirPods in a Sauna?
Yes, there are some disadvantages to using AirPods in a sauna. Your AirPods could slip out of your ears if you sweat a lot. Also, the heat and steam from the Sauna can damage the electronics in your AirPods. Finally, you may be unable to hear music or other audio through your AirPods in a sauna because of all the background noise.
Finally, if you have any respiratory problems, it’s essential to consult your doctor before using AirPods in a sauna.
What to Do If Airpods Get Wet in Sauna?
If you’re caught in a situation where your AirPods get wet in Sauna, don’t panic. There are a few things you can do to try and salvage them. The following are some of the tips to salvage your AirPods when they get wet in the Sauna:
- Take them out of your ears and dry them off as best as you can with a towel or tissue.
- Remove the batteries if possible and dry those off too. If your AirPods don’t have removable batteries, skip this step.
- Once the AirPods are dry, put the batteries back in (if applicable) and try turning them on.
- If they don’t turn on, connect them to a power source using the Lightning cable that came with them and waits a few minutes. Then, after a few minutes, try turning them on again.
- If your AirPods still won’t turn on or function properly after being dried off and connected to a power source, it’s likely that they’re damaged beyond repair and will need to be replaced.
Airpods In Steam Room
AirPods are not designed to be used in saunas or steam rooms. This is because the high temperatures and humidity can damage the electronics in the AirPods and cause them to stop working. Of course, Sauna is an example of the steam room, but some people still use AirPods while in the Sauna though it is not recommended.
As I mentioned, a lot of steam in the Sauna or any other steam room can cause damage to the components of your AirPods.
Safety Precautions When Using AirPods in The Sauna
Though you can use your AirPods in the Sauna, there are a few things you need to keep in mind to use them safely and to avoid damaging them. Some of the safety precautions to observe include the following:
- Ensure that the Sauna’s temperature is not too hot. Airpods can withstand temperatures up to 140 degrees Fahrenheit, but anything above that could damage them.
- Keep your Airpods dry. Sweat and moisture can damage the internal components of your earbuds, so it’s essential to keep them as dry as possible. If they do get wet, be sure to dry them off as soon as possible.
- Leave your Airpods in the Sauna for a short time. Just like with any electronic device, it’s essential not to overheat them. So, if you’re planning on spending some time in the Sauna, take your Airpods out after a few minutes.
If your AirPods still won’t turn on or function properly after being dried off and connected to a power source, it’s likely that they’re damaged beyond repair and will need to be replaced.
Are There Any Risks Associated with Using Airpods In A Sauna?
Yes, there are risks associated with using AirPods in a sauna. The most significant risk is that the heat from the Sauna could damage the internal components of the AirPods, causing them to malfunction. Additionally, if you sweat while wearing AirPods, that sweat could damage the charging case or earbuds.
If you’re looking to use your AirPods in the Sauna, I hope you now have why you may need to use or not to use them. Of course, you can always use the AirPods wherever you want, but there are instances where the AirPods might get damaged due to environmental factors.
Integration is a music website focused on audio advice, how-to, tips & tricks and best plugins (free & paid).